Give thanks for it!Read Today's Devotion
Leaky Gut Diet: How to take care of your Leaky Gut
WHAT TO EAT OFTEN
Helps reduce inflamation.
- Grass fed or organic meats (beef, bison, elk, chicken, rabbit, goat, lamb)
- Bone broth
- Wild fish
- Pasture raised eggs and egg yolks
- Fish oild
- Help (seeds and oil)
- Chia seeds (ground)
- Flax seeds (ground seeds and oil)
Easy on digestion and anti-inflammatory. Fiber also feeds healthy gut bacteria.
- Leafy greens (dandelion, spinach, chard, watercress, kale, escarole, endive)
- Brussels sprouts
- Probiotic supplements
- Collagen peptides
- Gelatin powder
- Marshmallow root capsules
- Licorice root capsules or chewable tablets (DGL)
- Resistant starch (raw green banana flour, inulin, trehalose, non-gmo potato starch)
May trigger digestive symptoms such as gas, cramping or bloating if eaten in large amounts, or if you're already prone to digestive symptoms.
- Unrefined avocado oil
- Unrefined olive oil
- Unrefined coconut oil
- Coconut meat
- Chee (clarified butter)
- Grass-fed butter
Helps reduce inflamattion and soothes the GI tract.
- Marshmallow root tea
- Licorice root tea (DGL)
- Dandelion root tea
Helps increase healthy gut bacteria.
- Coconut milk yogurt
- Coconut milk kefir
- Almond yogurt
- Beet kvass
WHAT TO EAT OCCASIONALLY
Fiber helps remove toxins in the GI tract, but excess carbs can further damage the gut lining.
- Sweet potatoes
In very small amounts because any kind of sugar feeds candida, which worsens leaky gut.
- Raw honey
- Coconut nectar
- Green leaf stevia
- Monk fruit sweetener
- Pure maple syrup
- Poached apples and pears (steamed fruit is easier on digestion)
WHAT NOT TO EAT
- Legumes (including peanuts)
- Dairy products (milk, dairy yogurt, cheese, whey)
- Refined Sugar
- Unfermented soy products
- Artificial Sweeteners (sucralose, aspartame)
- Packaged, boxed, and processed foods
- Refined vegetable oils (canola, peanut, soy, corn, safflower, sunflower)
- Deli meats and non-organic meats
- Nightshade vegetables such as eggplant, bell peppers, potatoes, and tomatoes may promote inflammation especially for those with autoimmune conditions, which are commonly seen with leaky gut.
OWN YOUR HEALTH!
What we need is empowerment and self-care. We have to change our whole mindset about our health and embrace lifestyle medicine. Here at DrGeorgeJ Holistic Health and Healing, we offer support and empowerment to everyone and everyone who chooses to live fully alive and empowered to optimal body, mind, and spirit health through the Creator Model of Healthcare’s 5 Pillars of Wellness.
We are excited to be a part of a change in the healthcare.